4.0 DK forum

Post your character here, we'll tear it down and fix it up

4.0 DK forum

Postby Daemeon Fitzwilliam » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Ok so with all the changed to the DK tanking can someone please put up a bit of a guide... (Queue the MADRAS soundtrack.)
Daemeon Fitzwilliam

Re: 4.0 DK forum

Postby Sibital » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:10 am

Daemeon Fitzwilliam wrote:Ok so with all the changed to the DK tanking can someone please put up a bit of a guide... (Queue the MADRAS soundtrack.)

I don't know if Baby's Got Back is appropriate for a tanking discussion <.<;
Sibital

Postby Senjak » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:35 pm

Awww yeah.

For Blood tanking they pushed unfinished work to live, the blood presence haste and the revised Rune Strike are not available and that really messes things up with the new rune refresh system and runic empowerment.

The above combined with the theorycrafters championing diseaseless tanking and how hard blizz has come down on this in the past we are gonna see some big changes here soon.

Stay tuned for further developments!
Senjak

Postby Senjak » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Senjak

Postby Endas » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:21 pm

Dang! That's a nice guide.
«The thing is, Bob, it’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care.»
- Peter Gibbons
«Now I look like I know what I'm doing... and can still do it!!»
- Paul Akins
Endas

Postby Senjak » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 am

Blizz has weighed in on diseaseless blood and it looks like it may stick around, or maybe theyre waiting to see if outbreak changes anything.

To mimic the blood presence haste i reforged avoidance for haste (getting about 11%, bp will give 20%) and its interesting. Rune Strike wont be updated till 4.0.3 but projecting its effect subbing in death coil it works pretty well. Definite playstyle changes, if wrath blood was rigid, structured prose then cata blood is stream of consciousness and pretty damn fun after playing with it.

I think with an optimized ui (Satorri in the link above has great elements im gonna steal) blood is going to be really cool.
Senjak

Postby Senjak » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:47 pm

:ray of sunshine illuminating...:

If Death Strike is used while a Blood Shield is already active, the new absorb will stack with the old one instead of replacing it.

:choir of angels singing:

The quality of life return on this simple change is beautiful. FOR SRS.

eta : seriously, the brain processes tasked with monitoring blood shield were straining the system. Also, diseaseless is officially dead, huzzah!

Also, this could be overpowered. :crosses fingers for them to find balance elsewhere:
Senjak

Return to Gear Checks